Bespoke Training Programmes for Staff Groups
Training programmes can be tailor made for staff depending on context.
Some example courses available include:
- Mental Health Awareness,
- Staff Wellbeing,
- Working within psychologically informed environments,
- Working with specific groups of adult populations with particular challenges,
- Improving relating/working relationships between staff,
- Conflict resolution,
- Clinical Supervision issues,
- Solution Focussed Therapy,
- Motivational Interviewing,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy,
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy informed work,
- Aspects of Leadership and Management and
- Staff Relations
Contact us for other areas of interest.
Staff training in Psychology for different settings
We can design tailormade staff training packages for use in different settings: corporate, social and care settings. Any organisation employing staff can benefit from psychological input by trained, experienced professionals.
Introduction to Cognitive Analytic therapy (CAT) course
An example of training for qualified mental health staff: - a 2 day Introduction to Cognitive Analytic therapy (CAT) course, Birmingham.
The course aimed to
- Help understanding and engaging clients with problems in relating- i.e., help overcome frustration when relational issues limit progress by learning about CAT to build & keep good therapeutic relationships
- Facilitate working with clients where your usual approach is stuck – i.e., add to your existing practice, help people with relational problems more successfully
- Introduce you to CAT, its theory, methods and techniques –Give you an opportunity to practice some CAT techniques
“Excellent – enjoyable, engaging, accessible” (past participant on 2-day Introductory course).
Please see https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-to-cognitive-analytic-therapy-cat-birmingham-tickets-84116786573 for more information about this CAT workshop including intended outcomes, see the professional association's page for more details about this therapy approach https://www.acat.me.uk/course/1079/introduction+to+cat+-+offered+by+jurai+darongkamas+and+jeanette+mcloughlin+2020-04-29.htm
(Note that course in 2020 was cancelled due to the pandemic; the content described is typical of the CAT Introductory courses provided)
Course Participant Feedback
- “The course has given me a framework and structure that can be used to support me with a complex client group” qualified psychologist training on W Midlands CAT Practitioner therapist course, first cohort.
- “I have learnt a huge amount which has enhanced all my work relating to clients. ..." Clinical psychologist training in CAT
- "Therapy feels more genuinely collaborative, challenging but honest and respectful both for me and my clients..." Social worker training in CAT
- “It has proved to be stimulating in team discussions and helpful in managing difficult patients and in supervision of colleagues who are feeling stuck in their ‘model’ of treatment.” Professional Mental Health worker.
Please contact us for a bespoke programme email@example.com