Which Talking Therapy is Best For Me? Talking therapies Types.
There are many different types of psychological therapies. Clinical Psychologists are trained to be able to tailor-make therapy for you.
The choice of therapy is usually determined by your preference and your understanding of how your problems started, why they are hard to change without therapy and what you want to change.
Research shows that therapy can help many people.
Clinical Psychologists offer Formulation (a way of understanding how the problems started and what keeps them going). This means therapy can then be targetted as needed.
Different Commonly Used Psychological Approaches
Some main approaches are listed here. Your Clinical Psychologist can combine one or more approaches to best help you.
- Cognitive Behavioural approaches (CBT)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- Experiential Dynamic Therapy (EDT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT)
There are also other therapies we provide that are not listed here.